IN CASE OF ACCIDENT: DETAILED STEPS ON WHAT TO DO
If you are in an accident follow these simple steps. To ensure your physical and legal safety.
Determine any injuries
- The most important thing to do immediately after a car accident is to assess any injuries you or the other drivers and passengers have received. Determine your own safety, then check with the other people involved and, if necessary, immediately call for an ambulance.
Move your vehicle, if possible
- If you can safely drive your vehicle, move it off to the side of the road and out of the path of oncoming traffic. This will keep you at a safe distance from traffic while you exchange information with the other drivers and make it easier for police and ambulance workers to reach the scene of the accident.
- Call the police
Police will take statements from all drivers involved in the car accident and determine if a police report is necessary. This information will be important when filing insurance claims for your automobile accident. Write down the investigating officer’s name and badge number in case your insurance agent or attorney needs to contact the officer.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all the other drivers involved in the traffic accident. Write down the make, model, year and license plate number of each vehicle. Be sure to obtain all insurance information including the company, policy number and any insurance agent contact information the driver can provide.
- Photograph damage to your car and the other vehicles involved in the accident. This will help document the damage when you submit an accident claim to your insurance company.
- Obtain names and contact information for any witnesses of the accident. Write down their account of what happened and make sure they agree to allow your attorney or insurance agent to contact them.
- Stay where you are
Stay with your vehicle until the police have arrived and filed any necessary reports and all pertinent information has been exchanged. Leaving the scene could result in criminal charges or misrepresentation of the accident.
Document medical treatment
- Keep records of any hospital visits, tests, prescriptions or other expenses that arise as a result of your auto accident. This information will be needed by your insurance company and attorney.
File an insurance claim
- Immediately report the car accident to your insurance company. Also provide the insurance company with information on the other driver. Immediately filing a claim will speed up the process of getting your car repaired and securing a rental vehicle, if necessary.
JORDAN AUTO BODY deals with collision repair and insurance companies everyday.
Let us take care of all the details and put your mind at ease.
3689 W. Grand Ave.
Chicago IL. 60651
Albany Park Auto Body Shop | Avondale Auto Body Shop | Irving Park Auto Body Shop | Lincoln Square Auto Body Shop |Logan Square Auto Body Shop | North Center Auto Body Shop | Old Irving Park Auto Body Shop | Ravenswood Auto Body Shop | Roscoe Village Auto Body Shop | Humboldt Park Auto Body Shop | Lincoln Park Auto Body Shop | South Loop Auto Body Shop | 60651 Auto Body Shop | Chicago Auto Body Shop | Evanston Auto Body Shop | Oak Park Auto Body Shop | River Forest Auto Body Shop | Forest Park Auto Body Shop | Maywood Auto Body Shop | Bellwood Auto Body Shop
Copyright 2014. Jordan Auto Body. All Rights Reserved